Monday, April 5, 2010

2010 Mid-Year Examinations! *Updated*

3 more days to Band SYF!!!

Anyway...

Here are the format of the Secondary 1 and 2 Mid Year Examination and topics to be covered.

Secondary ONE
Section A: Question 1
  • compulsory
  • map work, which includes testing of your general knowledge of countries, latitudes, continents & map knowledge found in chapter 8.
Section B: Question 2 OR Question 3
  • choose only ONE question to answer
  • questions related to chapter 8: Landforms
Section C: Question 4 OR Question 5
  • choose only ONE question to answer
  • questions related to chapter 10: Rivers

This examination will slaughter many. So please study very hard and do not be complacent.
The questions themselves are not difficult to understand. But I fear you might not study hard enough or cover all the details.

Nevertheless, being the 'very nice' teacher I'm known to be... ahem, I quote your seniors... I will be giving you worksheets to prepare you for this examination. These worksheets will be made available to ALL secondary 1 classes.

Secondary TWO
Section A: Question 1 (20m)
  • compulsory
  • questions related to chapter 2: Population Studies
  • Questions will revolve around data reading, e.g. graphs, pyramids, topographic map (!!!)
Section B: Question 2 OR Question 3 (20m)
  • choose only ONE question to answer
  • questions related to chapter 4: Agriculture
Section C: Question 4 OR Question 5 (20m)
  • choose only ONE question to answer
  • questions related to chapter 7: Land Supply
I'm getting a little nervous looking at the questions! Really hope I'd have enough time to revise with you all before week 7!!! Be prepared for extra lesson (lecture style) in the event when I do not have enough time. Remember we're not settling anything less than A2!!! That's 42/60.




12 comments:

Kenny said...

What about the secondary 2?

Mdm Catherine Lee said...

I'm glad you asked. Will be uploading soon. I'm in the midst of setting the sec 2 papers now. ;)

Kenny said...

Okay. Thanks Mdm Lee. (:

Jiahui(1f) said...

mdm lee,may i stay bk tmr which is the 9 of april to ask u some questions on geography?

Mdm Catherine Lee said...

Sure JiaHui. If you can't find me at the staff room, I'm probably with the band.

; DARREN,(: said...

For the topic Land resources, which do we need to focus on?

Mdm Catherine Lee said...

Darren, I'll have to say everything that I've taught! They're all interlinked. No shortcuts here, sorry.

tyihao. said...

Did you cover the topic Terrace and Irrigation?

Cheyl(class 2D) said...

Mdm Lee. I want to ask if the two land reclaimation methods (Empoldering and Reclaiming derlect land) which is from pg 107 and 108 of the sec 2 textbook , is included in the exams a not?

Kenny said...

Regarding section one.

Why is there topographical maps?

Regarding chapter four.
Did you taught us the modern and traditional of agriculture?

Mdm Catherine Lee said...

Kenny, I've used topographic maps for your revision. That'll be a hint for Section A. If you're not sure, kindly ask your classmates asap.

Cheryl, no of course not. I didn't cover those.

YiHao, yes I'm sure I did. Will confirm with your class later. Thanks for the question.

YingYin said...

Mdm lee,got test shifting cultivation and plantation agriculture?